Tuesday 22 March 2011

Hello and All

A friend said I should write my blogs in English so my English-speaking friends can read them as well. So I created this "I am the Kara Murat" to write my blogs in English.

"I am the Kara Murat" is one of my favorite quotes from a Yeşilçam movie. I cba to explain the movie or the quote, but before you ask, Kara Murat is a hero in our history like William Wallace, Robin Hood and such.

And for those who don't know what Yeşilçam is, it's the Turkey equivalent of Hollywood, Bollywood or you name it. Does the UK have one btw? I bet it's called "The Queen's Back Garden" if there's one.

Anyway, whoever reads my blogs, please keep in mind:
-I'm not going to translate what I write in Turkish since they only make sense in Turkish.
-You can swear at me in French but mind your language if I understand.
-If you don't like what I write, please close this page instead of teaching me a lesson. I did that for Calis Beach Forum as I don't give a damn thing about anything said in there.
-Only I can lol, you cannot. Yes, you got it: I'm not democratic as I'm not British, lol.
-Don't expect me to write about politics. I will.
-Call me racist and I'll find and hit you hard.

Now that we're settled, will someone be so kind and tell me if you get paid to make "the joke"? Is it a condition to come to Turkey? Do you have to go through this "how to make the joke" step while you book a flight over? Or is it a brochure they give you in the airport?

You all know what I mean. The joke is made always the same way as in:

British: Your English is very good!
Turkish:Thank you.
British:Better than my Turkish, hahahhaha!

I think I'll never know if it's because the joke requires a laugh after it is made or if the British really finds it so amusing. I can't decide which one is worse, I guess I don't really want to learn. I even know some people making the same joke every year.

But there's a way to turn it into a useful thing. It's a way of understanding if that Turkish has good intentions for you or not.

If the Turkish laughs, turn the opposite side, and using all your muscles, get away from there; he's either a total idiot with no sense of humor or just immune to this joke and focused on what he's earning when the conversation finishes.If he smiles, he is being politic and respecting your sense of humor, he won't harm you.If he sighs, he is being honest, cling on him.

Me? I'm and estate agent, what do you expect me to do? If that person is buying, I laugh. If deposit paid, I smile. After tapu is delivered, I start my never-ending criticizes about English sense of humor.

I have good theories about these brochures given in the airport.Maybe I bring on here so you guys enlighten me?

3 comments:

  1. Woo hooo, Am I your first ever comment? Welcome to the blogging world. It's great fun; whichever language you use! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Julia. I think I'll like it ;) Nice to be here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the blogging world. And you are bloody funny, the Kara Murat!

    ReplyDelete